You are here
Illustrator is usually prettey good about opening PDF files and keeping the text in tact, although usually with some font substitution issues.
I have found that when opening CAD drawings from PDF files that it says it is going to substitute fonts, but when the file opens, all text is missing. There is a quick workaround:
- Create a new empty document the same size or larger than the source PDF.
- Use File | Place to place the PDF in the empty document.
- Use Object | Flatten Transparency...
- Check Convert all text to outlines.
- Uncheck Convert all Strokes to outlines.
You have a Table of Figures in word and the descriptions do not line up, and some of the lines wrap. Since there isn't a tab after the figure/table number, lines do not wrap correctly.
There isn't a way to do this by setting a format when you create the table. You have to start when you are creating each of the captions.
You have to add a tab in each caption e.g. Figure 23:<tab>A photo of a kitten.
Then once you build your table you can set up tabs for the style used in your Table of Figures.
Simple Copyright Policy: If you want to reproduce anything on this site, get my permission first.