You are here
Text missing when you open a CAD PDF in Illustrator
Illustrator is usually prettey good about opening PDF files and keeping the text in tact, although usually with some font substitution issues.
I have found that when opening CAD drawings from PDF files that it says it is going to substitute fonts, but when the file opens, all text is missing. There is a quick workaround:
- Create a new empty document the same size or larger than the source PDF.
- Use File | Place to place the PDF in the empty document.
- Use Object | Flatten Transparency...
- Check Convert all text to outlines.
- Uncheck Convert all Strokes to outlines.
Simple Copyright Policy: If you want to reproduce anything on this site, get my permission first.